Enjoy some Christmas chimes and Trilety blowing a wooden train whistle on Christmas Eve!
Doug and Megan's birthday was yesterday and they got a BAMBOO SKELETON!
Doug, Megan and Amy toured Paisley Park this past weekend! When phones were again allowed, Doug recorded this. Note how the music suddenly changes quite drastically and then Doug's phone starts doing things on its own. WAS IT PRINCE TRYING TO COMMUNICATE??????
A little random throwback recording from today. :)
"Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon performed by Township & Range on Halloween 2019 at the Barley Street Tavern.
Trilety and Doug venture through the train haunted by decorations from Mangelsen's! Akkkk!
We just had the haunted house for the 3rd year last night. So I "dug up" all I got compiled from the 2nd year for you all to digest! Going through all of it last year is kind of what KILLED the regular podcast ha
Megan was on her game and recorded Tripmaster playing their gem "Shutters Closed" at the release show for "My East Is Your West" in Davenport back in September!
Listen to the new album here:
Was able to capture Steve's heartbreaking gem last night at the David's House Series show with Pink Flamingos!
The Midwest Winds Kite Flyers fall festival was Sunday afternoon! You can follow what their fly schedule is here...
IT'S MUCH BETTER TO SEE THAN TO HEAR HA
Here's the first decent demo we've made. Kind of sloppy but, hey, put it in Bob Pollard's pipe and smoke it! I think the song shines through the haze.
A new beginning just in time for October! (Sorry, this one doesn't have Deborah Voorhees.) Listen up as Doug tries to explain his "new direction" to Trilety. Hopefully now we'll get back to some content. Just one hobo nugget at a time. :)
Hello! It's Groundhog day (Doug's 3rd favorite holiday) and there is a new Fizzlecast for you! Hello! It's Groundhog day (Doug's 3rd favorite holiday) and there is a new Fizzlecast for you! Hello! It's Groundhog day (Doug's 3rd favorite holiday) and there is a new Fizzlecast for you!
Okay, funny joke over. I hope you enjoy these recordings from the past couple of months!
- Megan shares a joke that gives Doug a hyphen/dash flashback
- A Thanksgiving toast and car wash
- "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath as performed by Weezer on the Teal Album
- Welcome Winter!
- Drinks at the Mercury Lounge's Christmas pop-up
- Opening Megan's 2018's advent calendar
- T'was the Night Before Christmas done Rat Pack style performed by the players at PART's "Sinatra Christmas"
- Suzie's close call at Christmas
- Doug plays his 20 yr old cover of "Little Whirl" by Guided by Voices for Trilety (and himself)
Happy Christmastime, people! It's the solstice and Doug and Trilety want to play you some records to celebrate. Doug picked them out and T-bird added her reflections. Everyone have a great holiday season!
Song 1: 'Magic Perfume' by Charlyne Yi - From a really cute movie called Paper Heart.
Song 2: 'This Package' by Frederick Julius/Matt Geiler/Dancing Pumpkin Man - http://www.frederickjulius.com/
Song 3: 'Something There Is About You' by Bob Dylan off the Planet Waves album.
Song 4: 'You Could Have Me If You'd Want Me' aka. 'Slut' by At Land (rough version w/ demo vocal)
Song 5: 'Bar-B-Que' by Yancy Woodchuck off the soundtrack to Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas.
Song 6: Midi 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' from this website: http://www.river-phoenix.org/melodies/
Hello and welcome to a new season of FLAF!! The haunted house is all closed up for the winter and it's time for some random recordings from Doug's life. Enjoy!
- In the spring, Doug and Megan got to see Hollywood Babble-On live in Iowa City (and sing along to the Justin Bieber song).
- Trilety speaks of the emotional burden of cupcakes. And hates on sprinkles.
- Snow geese at DeSoto Bend (for Dan!)
- Doug, Megan & Elisabeth went down to meet Travis & Rachel in Kansas City for the Oddities Expo.
- Sarah Benck singing that one Blues Traveler 'Hook' song
- watching the motorcycle jumps at World of Wheels with 'Jimety'
- The Prohibitches go see the Prairie Cats at Ozone lounge
- A spotting of Ralph Garman in the Iowa City ped mall!
- Doug and Megan visit Raven's Grin Inn in Mount Carroll, IL
- Matt Whipkey's size 32 pants story
- Gearing up for Megan's art show in the spring
- Mom missed the birthday surprise because of the damn wipers
- Matt Geiler's amazing 'Rainbow On the Ceiling' song for Trilety who is actually Megan
- My name vexes Hauntcast's Chris Baker mwhahahaha
Welcome to... April?!?! As I type this it is snowing outside. So stay in and listen to this new episode in which Doug and his old middle school and skate friend Lewis head to Lincoln in the summer of 2017 to see Iron Maiden!
- Mostly it's just the very rando concert recordings plus songs by Ghost (the opening band) and the Maiden...
'Square Hammer' by Ghost
'The Evil That Men Do' by Iron Maiden
It's March! Here's a new episode so hopefully none of you gave up this podcast for Lent. Please enjoy responsibly.
- Doug sledding/destroying his body
- They had these crazy jet heaters at Haunticon (https://haunticonomaha.com/)
- More sledding. This time Megan goes. Drink every time she says 'okay.'
- Destroyer playing a song live at the Waiting Room
- We put Caitlin's old toothbrush to good use cleaning up kitty pee!
- Recordings from the annual Groundhog Day parade in Unadilla (part 1)
IN THE YEAR 2017
- Funnel Cock
- Sounds of the cabin
- Trolling ghosts at Malvern Manor (http://malvernmanor.weebly.com/)
- 'Atom Eyes' by the spectacular Tobin Sprout at Reverb
- Even more sledding. Including a new song by the Toddfather!
- Even more Unadilla. The actual parade this time!
- Fireplace commentary by Trilety
- Superbowl Joke of the Year - 'Parsley and Pubes' by Karen
We're back again and TWICE in the same month! Craaaaazy. In this episode we have some NYE fireworks action, a new flashback to 2017 section (featuring recordings from the Great Solar Eclipse of last summer) and an in-depth 'demo' look at the famous Wink record of Studio C circe 1984. Also a really fun song by Michael. Enjoy, kids!
- 'Rick' on KFAB informing Mr. V of his 7 inches of 'whatever.' 'Rick' sounds a lot like Brian to me.
- Doug's new can crusher machine satisfies!
- Watching the postponed NYE fireworks downtown with Megan, Travis and Rachel
- Michael Campbell singing us a cute little song at an open mic a few weeks back (http://michaelcampbellsongwriter.com/)
IN THE YEAR 2017
-Elliott's happy birthday message to Doug
-Megan and her wheezing freezer
-Megan, Doug and Elisabeth trek south to view the Great Solar Eclipse of 2017
-Rachel witnesses Don King Troll for the first time
HOBOWRECK DEMO TIME
-Doug and Megan listen to his Wink record for the first time. (Doug chomps a lot on popcorn during this just for Wayne.)
Hello! It's post all the holidays and the FLAFcast is back. This episode is packed full of all things Thriller Retro Haunt, Doug's 1980s basement haunted house, which happened back on Halloween. Also documented is Doug's trip to Halloweenapalooza in Ottumwa, IA. Enjoy!
- Everyone loves a dead baby!
- Post Haunt Interviews by Elisabeth Part I
- Haunt building! 'Carrie' pail drop test and the thrill of opening 1983 beer
- 'If We Try' by The Rare Candies, a new Omaha band Doug is into (https://therarecandies.bandcamp.com/)
- Post Haunt Interviews by Elisabeth Part II
- The Thriller team was not on the Madness haunted house guest list (but we still love you, Josh, Cody, Terry & others!)
- The Children of the Corn theme can work with 'Suicide Note' by Chris Mills! Random.
- Doug meets Courtney Gains of COTC, The Burbs and Can't Buy Me Love fame. Oh, Back to the Future too!
- THRILLER WALK THRU SOUNDS
- Post Haunt Interviews by Elisabeth Part III
- 'What is the intelligence?' - Superjazz
- Goddamn Bordello
- Juan's Wall <3
THIS EPISODE IS THE BRAINCHILD OF TRILETY WADE. Doug hopes you like it.
Let's just keep them a mystery!
Sorry It's been so long! Doug has been spending a lot of time building a HAUNTED HOUSE in his basement. (Probably his mid-life crisis) I guess it could be worse...
But so here's what's been going on since April. Enjoy!
- Obama Everyday - so true to life
- Doug gives Trilety a tour of what has since actually become an actual haunted house (wow!)
- Doug's favorite Brady Bunch episode happily caught on the 'Brady Brunch' on a random Sunday
- 'Holly' by Township & Range https://www.facebook.com/TownshipAndRangeOmaha
- Karen and Elisabeth send Doug some ocean sounds from Mexico
- For a bit, a little black kitty liked climbing up into the space over Doug's porch.
- T just has the booty.
- Recordings from Doug and Megan's trip to Iowa City and Waterloo to see Wayne Coyne's art show
- Megan and Trilety make a secret recording on Doug's zoom
- Easter hike at the prairie!
- As part of putting in the haunted house, Doug replaced the hot water heater.
- Sounds of the saw and screwing
- Hobowreck Demotime: 'Battery' by Metallica
- An oldie Doug finally put in the podcast!
Hello and we're back! Sorry it has been so long. (Doug is working on a special SECRET PROJECT in his basement, so he has been preoccupied.) More on that to come in a future episode! For now, you MAY enjoy...
- Sneaking up on ducks in Elmwood Park one Friday evening after a fish fry
- T Bird has a humor cunt. Were you also not surprised?
- A song I assume is called 'People Are Disgusting' by the legendary Jonathan Richman performed live at the Waiting Room.
- Doug and Megan unwrapping his Purple mattress. Review: IT'S AWESOME
- A wonderful waterfall in the Embassy Suites
- Blah Blah Blah
- Hobo Roll - a night of sushi
- More of that fun night in Elmwood Park and our favorite drunk bartender at the Mai Tai Lounge
- Doug's old roommate Korey Anderson live at the Barley Street
- Juan and Megan leave a secret message on Doug's Zoom
- Showing Megan how Doug cuts his hair - THE FLOWBEE! (https://www.flowbee.com/)
- Wheezy Wiggle Butt, the hobo dog
- Some Easter time shenanigans in the basement of a cool church across from UNO
- HOBOWRECK DEMOTIME: 'Close to Me' by The Cure
- Some closing poetry by Sir Richman