Welcome to... April?!?! As I type this it is snowing outside. So stay in and listen to this new episode in which Doug and his old middle school and skate friend Lewis head to Lincoln in the summer of 2017 to see Iron Maiden!
- Mostly it's just the very rando concert recordings plus songs by Ghost (the opening band) and the Maiden...
'Square Hammer' by Ghost
'The Evil That Men Do' by Iron Maiden
It's March! Here's a new episode so hopefully none of you gave up this podcast for Lent. Please enjoy responsibly.
- Doug sledding/destroying his body
- They had these crazy jet heaters at Haunticon (https://haunticonomaha.com/)
- More sledding. This time Megan goes. Drink every time she says 'okay.'
- Destroyer playing a song live at the Waiting Room
- We put Caitlin's old toothbrush to good use cleaning up kitty pee!
- Recordings from the annual Groundhog Day parade in Unadilla (part 1)
IN THE YEAR 2017
- Funnel Cock
- Sounds of the cabin
- Trolling ghosts at Malvern Manor (http://malvernmanor.weebly.com/)
- 'Atom Eyes' by the spectacular Tobin Sprout at Reverb
- Even more sledding. Including a new song by the Toddfather!
- Even more Unadilla. The actual parade this time!
- Fireplace commentary by Trilety
- Superbowl Joke of the Year - 'Parsley and Pubes' by Karen
We're back again and TWICE in the same month! Craaaaazy. In this episode we have some NYE fireworks action, a new flashback to 2017 section (featuring recordings from the Great Solar Eclipse of last summer) and an in-depth 'demo' look at the famous Wink record of Studio C circe 1984. Also a really fun song by Michael. Enjoy, kids!
- 'Rick' on KFAB informing Mr. V of his 7 inches of 'whatever.' 'Rick' sounds a lot like Brian to me.
- Doug's new can crusher machine satisfies!
- Watching the postponed NYE fireworks downtown with Megan, Travis and Rachel
- Michael Campbell singing us a cute little song at an open mic a few weeks back (http://michaelcampbellsongwriter.com/)
IN THE YEAR 2017
-Elliott's happy birthday message to Doug
-Megan and her wheezing freezer
-Megan, Doug and Elisabeth trek south to view the Great Solar Eclipse of 2017
-Rachel witnesses Don King Troll for the first time
HOBOWRECK DEMO TIME
-Doug and Megan listen to his Wink record for the first time. (Doug chomps a lot on popcorn during this just for Wayne.)
Hello! It's post all the holidays and the FLAFcast is back. This episode is packed full of all things Thriller Retro Haunt, Doug's 1980s basement haunted house, which happened back on Halloween. Also documented is Doug's trip to Halloweenapalooza in Ottumwa, IA. Enjoy!
- Everyone loves a dead baby!
- Post Haunt Interviews by Elisabeth Part I
- Haunt building! 'Carrie' pail drop test and the thrill of opening 1983 beer
- 'If We Try' by The Rare Candies, a new Omaha band Doug is into (https://therarecandies.bandcamp.com/)
- Post Haunt Interviews by Elisabeth Part II
- The Thriller team was not on the Madness haunted house guest list (but we still love you, Josh, Cody, Terry & others!)
- The Children of the Corn theme can work with 'Suicide Note' by Chris Mills! Random.
- Doug meets Courtney Gains of COTC, The Burbs and Can't Buy Me Love fame. Oh, Back to the Future too!
- THRILLER WALK THRU SOUNDS
- Post Haunt Interviews by Elisabeth Part III
- 'What is the intelligence?' - Superjazz
- Goddamn Bordello
- Juan's Wall <3