Sorry It's been so long! Doug has been spending a lot of time building a HAUNTED HOUSE in his basement. (Probably his mid-life crisis) I guess it could be worse...
But so here's what's been going on since April. Enjoy!
- Obama Everyday - so true to life
- Doug gives Trilety a tour of what has since actually become an actual haunted house (wow!)
- Doug's favorite Brady Bunch episode happily caught on the 'Brady Brunch' on a random Sunday
- 'Holly' by Township & Range https://www.facebook.com/TownshipAndRangeOmaha
- Karen and Elisabeth send Doug some ocean sounds from Mexico
- For a bit, a little black kitty liked climbing up into the space over Doug's porch.
- T just has the booty.
- Recordings from Doug and Megan's trip to Iowa City and Waterloo to see Wayne Coyne's art show
- Megan and Trilety make a secret recording on Doug's zoom
- Easter hike at the prairie!
- As part of putting in the haunted house, Doug replaced the hot water heater.
- Sounds of the saw and screwing
- Hobowreck Demotime: 'Battery' by Metallica
- An oldie Doug finally put in the podcast!
Hello and we're back! Sorry it has been so long. (Doug is working on a special SECRET PROJECT in his basement, so he has been preoccupied.) More on that to come in a future episode! For now, you MAY enjoy...
- Sneaking up on ducks in Elmwood Park one Friday evening after a fish fry
- T Bird has a humor cunt. Were you also not surprised?
- A song I assume is called 'People Are Disgusting' by the legendary Jonathan Richman performed live at the Waiting Room.
- Doug and Megan unwrapping his Purple mattress. Review: IT'S AWESOME
- A wonderful waterfall in the Embassy Suites
- Blah Blah Blah
- Hobo Roll - a night of sushi
- More of that fun night in Elmwood Park and our favorite drunk bartender at the Mai Tai Lounge
- Doug's old roommate Korey Anderson live at the Barley Street
- Juan and Megan leave a secret message on Doug's Zoom
- Showing Megan how Doug cuts his hair - THE FLOWBEE! (https://www.flowbee.com/)
- Wheezy Wiggle Butt, the hobo dog
- Some Easter time shenanigans in the basement of a cool church across from UNO
- HOBOWRECK DEMOTIME: 'Close to Me' by The Cure
- Some closing poetry by Sir Richman
What?? A new episode so soon?! No foolin'! Doug hopes this helps you pass the rainy days, friends. If you would like to join the Prohibitches, just let Doug know. Let's try to make this a bit more regular than the Wing Committee ha
- Some good squealing by Doug and Megan
- The AMC theater in Council Bluffs has a dome in the lobby that is WOW!
- Someone is NOT burning up for Douglas.
- I got stuck in a crazy hail storm a couple weeks ago.
- Anonymous American Playing '4th of July' at the Barley St. (for Doug!)
- This is what happened outside of Doug's house.
- I can't really make this not gross and wrong. But really it's just a little rubber sample thingy of the Purple mattress Doug just got.
- Go Karts in CB!
- The first bonfire of the 2017 season (Sorry Jamie!)
- Sweet sounds of the Duck Inn. Megan says this is 'the future.' What??
- Sounds of Cascio's with our **BIG IDEA**
- Anonymous American rocking the Boss (with intro from Joni)
- I sharpened a knife all on my own!!
- Some gong banging at work
- HOBOWRECK DEMOTIME: An acoustic demo of 'Ziggy Stardust' OOooOOOOoOo miss you, David. <3
Sorry February passed with no new episode! But this one more than makes up for it with great music, terrific silliness and BETTER SOUND thanks to the Zoom recorder Doug bought! Please forgive him - he's still learning how sensitive the mics are. (A new wind screen has been procured that looks like Don King's hair, so hopefully there will be less wind pops in the future.) Enjoy!
- Elisabeth hates on nacho cheese Doritos
- Trilety and Juan bust into the poop emoji balloon Megan and Doug got Juan for his birthday.
- Megan's first circus! The tigers we NOT very exciting, as Abram notes.
- Ben Fold playing 'You Don't Know Me' live with the Omaha symphony. Sorry about my singing ha
- Smashing ice at the Curvy Cottage on Super Bowl Sunday
- Testing the googly eyes on the Zoom (FAIL)
- Wayne's albino story
- Doug and Megan trek North on a strange nostalgic journey
- The Bishops playing a song by The Specials (Doug thinks) at the Barley Street Tavern
- Pet Sounds in the snow!
- A big compilation of recordings from our Groundhog Day celebrations in Unadilla, NE
- The last Peach Rockstar
- HOBOWRECK DEMOTIME: a great 4-track demo of 'Burning Up' by Madonna (off her 1st album). Love those robo-vocals!!
- Sucking on poo
It's Fizzle Like a Flood's 1st birthday! Lots of Doug's friends called with well wishes and Doug traveled to Florida again for New Year Eve. Thank you to everyone who has listened to this incredibly uncool podcast this year. :)
- Simon calls to say hi and mess with Doug
- The old promo for FLAF. I'm not sure it actually ever aired anywhere.
- A message from Elisabeth
- Trilety and Juan reporting in about a cat paw toy they found at Walgreens
- Matt Whipkey and band live at the Waiting Room in December 2016
- Doug knows this guy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IC7qaNr7I
- Adding oil to Megan's car. Megan zings a zinger!
- A lovely message from nephew Elliott
- Karen's Spanish message (an excerpt)
- Three recordings from Christmas 2016
- A rocking message from Lewis, Doug's old skate pal
- Megan and Suzie show off Suzie's new toy
- FloriDoug version 2.0
- GIANT COMPILATION OF STUFF DOUG RECORDED IN FLORIDA
- Hobowreck Demotime: An interesting demo version of 'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' by The Police (1977)
- Oh, Randy...
PLEASE GIVE THIS PODCAST A REVIEW BELOW!! Thanks! :)
Welcome Christmas and the FLAF Xmas Spectacular! Much 'Christmas' music and some birthday fun in this one. Also plenty of other randomness. So let's GIT TO IT!
- Doug's best friend from middle school, Erik, playing something beautiful on his piano! Schroeder would be impressed.
- Megan does her version of a song off a Holiday record she has
- Doug and Megan are birthday twins and have a joint bowling party at West Lanes which by the end of the night was renamed Wet Lanes.
- The clickity clack sound of mussel shells at Dario's
- Jason admits he's a hater :(
- 'I Like to Get Drunk and Ride My Horse on Christmas Day' by Horatio Lee Jenkins. Here's the most wonderful music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBJbd8x2TE
- Trilety was a guest on The Basement on a Hill podcast last month. #38! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-basement-on-a-hill/id1083100442?mt=2
- Megan's cute cure for hiccups
- A bit of Bing and Bowie just to mess with the girlfriend <3
- Doug and Megan watched the Macy's parade to see the Charlie Brown balloon they got to help test in Volume XXI!
- Call and leave a happy birthday, FLAF message!
- Megan does a great Sling Blade.
- A flashback to Doug and Trilety singing along with 'Joy to the World' from Volume II
- HOBOWRECK DEMOTIME: 'Rudolph Was the Radio Tower' - A sad Xmas song Doug wrote way back around 2001. The idea is a kid has a window somewhere in his house that he only looks out on Christmas Eve cuz he's looking for Santa, and when he does he sees a red light in the sky. (He must live in an awfully big house with many windows.) But then he just happens to look out this window one night in the fall and notices 'Rudolph' up there flying around on the wrong night. He then embarks on a journey only to discover that Rudolph's nose is the top of a radio tower. Based off a thought little Doug would have noticing the red tower light back behind his backyard in Sioux City.
- The Xmas Din of Death
- The warm sounds of Trilety's fire
- Joyful brass in the cafeteria at work
- 'Why Not Smile' by R.E.M. This is not a Christmas song but sounds like one to Doug. Give it a try while driving around to look at lights. It will work PERFECTLY.
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Doug's sorry it's been so long, but this is his busy time of year! Trilety and his Friendiversary plus Halloween PLUS Megan and his birthday PLUS Thanksgiving... And only the Friendiversary and Halloween stuff has been gone through, ugh! But please do enjoy those recordings plus some other goodies and a couple nice songs to boot!
- Greaseproof paper, what an invention!
- The 2016 Election makes Doug's cold worse
- 'Ugly Man' by X-Ray Mary, who Doug and Megan saw rock Crossbones last weekend. Check out their bandcamp: https://xraymary.bandcamp.com/ ROCK!!
- Doug and Trilety's Friendiversary 2016 Part 1 (pumpkin shopping, dinner and a pigface man sighting)
- A new edition of 'Simon'! Don't say it...
- Friendiversary Part 2: Doug giving Trilety her present, a picture of Tom Selleck he drew in 6th or 7th grade art class. Framed by JJ at https://www.facebook.com/ChoiceFramingGallery/
- Some randomness from Doug and friends' excursion to Scary Acres.
- Pumpkin carving and exploring Doug's spooky attic room with Megan on Halloween
- Trilety does the Aroused Pigeon
- Suzie MAY have been part of the silent majority!
- The sounds of a bag of marbles. Thanks, Juan!
- Hobowreck Demotime: 'I've Been Waiting' by Matthew Sweet
BONUS: The true pronunciation of Mangia Italiana
We made it through the Halloween season! So much went on the past few weeks. Massive balloon handling, returning to the scene of many past debaucheries, a trip to visit Isaac, and taking out the damn dock. Plenty of fall nonsense.
- Someone loves 311 and penis. I suspect most of their fans are like this.
- This is a new segment for Simon, a naughty plastic doll who lives at the bakery and whose videos you can watch on their Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/twobirdsbakery/
- Doug and the Thomases got to help test a new Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloon! As far as they could tell, it worked.
- Travis knows some hip hop.
- Three Piles for Trilety (She likes piles.)
- I'm working on a great thing with a waterfall in my living room. Pictures forthcoming...
- Doug and Megan venture into The Drinkery, formerly Doug's old karaoke hangout. He tells her stories of his glory days. Like the Boss song.
- 'The Tin Man' by Neva Dinova
- Doug and Megan take a day trip to Whiting, IA where the original 'Children of the Corn' was filmed in 1983. Doug geeks out real good.
- Doug had to help dad take out the dock they put in in the spring. Apparently this will happen EVERY YEAR.
- Flip Flop Brad (I still say it really sounds like that.)
- Doug tells the story of how his roommates tricked him into eating nasty fake cookies in 1995
- Hobowreck Demotime: 'Today' by Smashing Pumpkins
- Secret hidden bit! Wonderful nonsense at the Barley Street Tavern :)
Happy Halloween to all of you!! Here's my first Super Spectacular Spooky Halloween episode.
- As a kid, I played my Haunted Mansion record over and over and over in our house at 127 Charles Park Drive. I think I even tried to loop the instrumental bit somehow.
- I competed on the Horror Exam and somehow WON! Subscribe to The Basement On a Hill... https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-basement-on-a-hill/id1083100442?mt=2
- Benson Zombie Walk 2016 Part 1
- A live performance by Relax, It's Science from the Barley Street Tavern.
- Trilety got herself hooked to a chair at Mangia Italiana. :)
- The Haunted Bars at the Mastercraft building pounded by Doug and Zip
- We thought Doug's Vess soda hookup was kaput! But we were dumb.
- The Din of Death!
- Benson Zombie Walk 2016 Part 2
- 'Halloween Reprise' - a tune I did back in the day
- Oh, Alex Jones!
- Benson Zombie Walk 2016 Part 3
- Hobowreck Demotime: 'Pig' by Rivers Cuomo. This tune sometimes makes Doug cry.
It's freaking OCTOBER!! And here's some cool stuff.
- Jason farted on my phone.
- Doug and Megan looking for ANY sign of support for either candidate
- 'Hey Sandy' by Polaris - the theme from The Adventures of Pete & Pete
- Karen really enjoying a Two Birds Bakery cinnamon roll
- Reflections on one of my haunted houses, Terror in the Night (1985 I think)
- WHY?? Anthony later told me that the line out Krispie Kreme's door had something to do with a 'pirate night' or some shit. Free doughnuts for eye patches, I guess!
- The story of my little song called 'Your Own Factory' from 1997.
- Craig gave me lessons on wrangling my kitty!
- This is Doug biking down a street singing along to Paul Westerberg.
- At the rodeo was Whiplash the rodeo monkey!
- The first HOBOWRECK DEMOTIME. 'Jessie's Girl' by Rick Springfield. Love the kinda Cheap Trick middle part that only lives in this version!
Lots of good stuff this time, kids! Three epic things: Doug's Brass Knocker finale, The BOMB STORY and the Villisca Ax Murder house ghost bump from years ago. Enjoy responsibly!
- Rigor mortis is great.
- Doug singing 'Let It Be' as the final karaoke song at the Brass Knocker, 2012. This was after like five long islands, just saying...
- Dustin's 'Stranger Things' opinions from Attack of the Killer Podcast (http://attackofthekillerpodcast.blogspot.com/) Subscribe to this podcast!!
- The Company Kitchen machine at work
- Trilety's 'Two Truths and a Lie.' Jason buys them all.
- Doug giving Megan a tour around good ol' Jones Street in Sioux City
- 'You Are the Brightest Star' by Streetcar Conductors (https://streetcarconductors.bandcamp.com/) Buy this song!!
- THE BOMB STORY (recorded back in February)
- Doug hiding from the rain on his walk
- Some stuff in 'My So-Called Life' is pretty ridiculous. But maybe I think that because I'm old now.
- The epic Villisca thud! Circa November 2004
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'Lady L' by Nick Andopolis
Karaoke happened again! And we've got the best song of the night right here, folks. Also, Doug gets Greenbergian in a new segment called 'Why??', complains about the Olympics and let's his frustration out on his drum set and some defenseless soda cans. Please enjoy responsibly.
- Farewell, Gene Wilder. Thank you.
- Doug's favorite pizza: http://elfredopizza.net/
- Some drumming questions in a new segment called 'Why??'
- Fun with the paper towel tube and the Pizza Shoppe
- Trilety destroying the karaoke competition
- Some thoughts on the Olympics
- Drums are more fun than yard work.
- A little game at Sioux Falls. Can you tell which is Megan?
- Jan zings Bill good!
- HULK SMASH CANS
- Doug's most heard musical accomplishment and the Worked Up So Sexual remix it came from. This was called the 'Pole mix' cuz I said it was supposed to be the ultra sexy version. Whatever.
- Trilety tells a funny story about the Care Bears. And cock.
-The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'Boom Boom' by Paul Lekakis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXMrDu7374Y
It's August, one of Doug's least favorite months. But there's still good stuff happening. Hot, sweaty fairs and hang outs at the cabin by the lake. Enjoy this grab bag of summer goodies!
- Megan shreds her red clarinet!
- The first attempt at a special video for Doug's nephew Elliott's 1st birthday
- A bit of 'Afraid of Everything,' one of Doug's favorites from the new Monster of Phantom Lake musical based off the Chris Mihm film by the same name. http://www.sainteuphoria.com/tmopl.html
- A few bits from Doug and Megan's tour of the airport
- 'Good Morning, Cabin' - North lake in the morning
- The Sarpy County fair with T-Bird (featuring creative ideas by Megan)
- Sad Elliott swim lesson story story by Trilety
- Suzie missed her roomie while she was in California.
- Some chatting about Brian Wilson with the one and only Matt Geiler over some polish dogs
- WATCH 'STRANGER THINGS'! Almost 5 stars.
- The Painfully Cheesy Song of the Week: Some song from 'RAD' - 1986
Fireworks, Brian Wilson and a classic American movie. This one includes a new opening I made out of Peanuts, The Goonies and Fizzood sounds. Anyone who doesn't like loud noises should be cautious with this episode!
- 'Chair Wars' in the old Southroads Mall
- The Action Pact playing a Sloan song for Canada Day at the Waiting Room
- Some firework stories on the way to Action Pact practice
- Independence Day on lake Manawa
- Deadpool showed up to CB Comicon!
- Some Pokemon Go observations
- I believe this song might be called 'We All Bleed Red.' From the Daniel Diedrich tribute show. I think this is a perfectly written song easily on the level of The Violent Femmes circa their best years.
- Pie eating contest at the CB skatepark
- A couple quick clips at the zoo with Megan
- Brian Wilson performed Pet Sounds for the last time ever and Doug and Megan were there.
- Doug introduced Megan to the classic film Mannequin in July (with a silly loud noise intermission).
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: Alisha singing 'Boys Will Be Boys'. Ouch!
Doug travels to Colorado (Frisco - a town between Vail and Breckenridge)! Sorry this episode is pretty much only Doug talking to himself/you. But here is the run down...
- The anal game
- Sloth is my travel pal
- Doug listened to the audio book of 'Jaws.'
- Smells eww
- I can't say what this restaurant's name was, but I liked it. It was at the last Denver exit before heading off into the mountains.
- 'Summit County' by ME. I started this song before the last time I was there but finished it after. WAY after.
- Into the mountains!
- 'Psycho Killer' performed by a band in Breckenridge. I remember a nice guy named Brian came up and chatted with me (because I was obviously the most into the music), but I'm not sure if he was in this band or not.
- Hunting out the place I used to skate the first time I ever went to Colorado.
- I bought POT legally!
- The robotic native american fortune teller and Buffalo Bill Cody's Fort in North Platte on my way home.
- Home and in love with Cinder all over again. <3
A whole ton of randomness this time! Enjoy. :)
- Sidewalk chalk fail
- Trilety's Steve pin (http://www.sainteuphoria.com/dj.html)
- 'Hot Rod' by The Elecroliners (New album out NOW!)
- Ball Licker!
- Ugh, my oil change audio
- Doug was the work horse.
- Bird smack!
- A great night at the Hibatchi grill and some mini golf
- Some random try at writing a song - BAD.
- Monster can washboard
- Swinging a machete like a star!
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'Feel the Night' (from the Golf 'n' Stuff scene from The Karate Kid)
- Megan's getting there!
Doug gets the goods to set up his Vision Aggressor reissue deck so that he can go shredding - and does. Good late 80's skateboard nostalgia. Drop in!
- Gliding and Turning
- 'Brave Captain' by fIREHOSE (Natas Kaupas's 'Streets on Fire' part 1)
- Setting up the wheels (Powell G-Bones) and grip tape
- The battle of two cadences - Council Bluffs Pride Week Parade
- Doug's story of how maybe he's a hero
- The problem with trying to make a board and watch skate videos at the same time
- 'Weakness' by McRad (Rubber Boys part in 'Public Domain')
- 'Decorative Rails'
- Leafing through a new Transworld magazine. This may become a monthly segment.
- Those funny iFix Omaha guys
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of The Week: Song from the sex scene in Thrashin'. 'No, tomorrow...'
May is the month of many fun things, I guess. Enjoy this good pile of stuff!
- Cinder is the phone killer.
- The 'Flattering Tongue' thing is from a sign by Doug's work where he reads very useful tips (from he thinks a very religious company).
- Ocean Black rocking Queen quite seriously. This was only at Slowdown Jr. too!
- Showing Trilety a big pile of coal near lake Manawa
- Eating Escargo for the first time (with sangria)
- This is the sound of Maifest. (minus 'beer poking')
- The Faerie Tones playing outdoors at Karen's house on her birthday
- Doug and Megan made May Baskets and delivered them to friends!
- 'Downside Up' by Peter Gabriel. His wonderful album 'So' came out 30 years ago.
- A couple of choice bits by Susan Chang aka Sarah X. (We used to IM a lot back in the day and call each other homo.)
- Doug had THE WORST show in years on Friday the 13th.
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'Take It Slow' by Bobby Brown. Oh yeah, swallow that. Don't turn it off before you get to the sexy talk part!
Welcome to May, and Prince has died. :( Doug and Megan make some Purple smoothies in memory, Doug and Steph belt it out in skid row for Rick Moranis and Trilety's laugh makes a welcomed return.
- Megan can play the 'Jurassic Park' theme on piano!
- Purple 'Dearly Beloveds' for Prince
- 'When U Were Mine' covered by Shelter Belt (www.beltcave.com)
- A quick interview with Megan's kitty Suzie
- Midwest Winds Papio Kite Festival 2016
- Doug and Steph sing 'Suddenly Seymour' to open the Rick Moranis birthday night
- Trilety calls me gross!
- Some nice moments of ambiance: Wind chimes along 50th, Fairmount park, a tornado warning from last week
- 'The Karate Kid' is definitely on the movie list.
- Doug still knows the first note of the 'Star Wars' theme!
- the Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'You Are My Treasure' by The Guys Next Door (1990)
Doug travels to St. Louis to see Kevin Smith live and realizes the trip is way different with only one person driving (zzzzzzz). Megan and Doug get in a bit of springtime haunted attraction action at Mystery Manor. Doug's elbow was sore for a week after that slide, yo.
- My quick reflection on Kevin Smith live.
- $52.19 in Lion's Choice sandwiches. THEY WILL BE ENJOYED.
- 'Jackson' by Frontier Trust (1995)
- Mystery Manor 'Ghouls Gone Wild' adventure
- 'Up your ass a little bit'
- A sweet bit of Kevin's St. Louis show. I wonder if he'd listen to my podcast.
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of The Week: 'Gonna Let Her In' by John Travolta
Welcome to Spring! In this episode, Doug and Megan go to check out a real life 'on location' movie set and Doug ventures solo into the Mall Of The Bluffs on a Saturday afternoon secret mission.
- Megan and Doug at JD's Circle In cuz it's a movie set, yo!
- Super adventure with a sweaty Doug in the Mall Of The Bluffs.
- 'Gypsy Driver' played by The Movies live on The River quite a few years ago (I think this is the toughest thing we ever did, even if I did rush a bit.)
- J-Law jokes! Gets notes from Trilety.
- Doug has enough Mellencamp in Homer's on a Friday night. Sorry Eddie.
- Doug's favorite of his friend Richard's podcast 'The Infinite Now.' The Pickled Fairy of Possibility. The universe grabs a sharpie...
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of The Week: 'Meet Me In My Dreams Tonight' by Brian Wilson circa 1988 or some time around then. Ouch.
April Fool's Day fun with the joke that was the Suckapellacast. And then a bunch of other fun things. All with LOTS of special sound effects! (Doug promises less in the future.) But it makes sense with the Suckapellacast, okay?
- If you didn't know, 'E.T.' is Doug's favorite movie.
- Doug gets to park in the covered garage at work now.
- An unfinished instrumental FLAF track from an album idea that was about making cool instrumentals for Megan and Trilety to play in their bakery. Probably would have been called 'Bird Songs' or something, I guess. It was made by recording melodies over 'Total Job' by The Faint. Really.
- The first podcast Doug tried to make: 'Suckapellacast' There was not a second attempt.
- Some singing bowls at Oakview Mall
- Doug's car will make this sound until it is no more, ugh.
- Doug's dentist, Dr. B, has a chair of doom.
- The Major Award!
- The first Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week - 'What Does It Take' by Chicago (e-mail suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don't lick it, Doogie!
Headed into the death rattle of winter, Doug finds someone SUPER special and almost learns to juggle.
- The dreams of a Bestie
- They make a Bigfoot call!
- Trilety has a birthday at Cilantro's and wears the special sombrero
- A bit of 'Ticket Taker' from Matt Whipkey's Penny Park Holland Center performance
- Car Alarm Cardinal
- The big news!!
- Firing the Death Star at The Alamo Draft House and magic sound pipes with Miss Megatron
- 'Running' by At Land (rough unfinished version with scratch vocals)
- Some random car chat between Doug, Megan and Elisabeth between 114th and 90th and Dodge after Trilety's birthday dinner
- Juggling is way hard
- 'Everyone Says' cassette recorded demo by Doug and Steph 2012
- 'Hang Myself on You' by The Candyskins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAD5k_0S_hI
- Wayne and Laurie warming up to podcast. "We're good" :-)
A lovers' extravaganza for February! I hope those lovers out there do enjoy.
- Rudy rules some Elvis
- The Unadilla, NE Groundhog Parade featuring Unadilla Bill! And Trilety.
- There are still phone booths??
- Collection of things from my Super Bowl gathering
- Travis via Township and Range serenades us via the Barley St Tavern
- Some reactions to Tinder at Steph's VD party
- 'Say You'll Be Mine' by Frederick Julius via my pal Matt Geiler
- A sound I made on Tuesday, Feb 9th, 2016. 9 is the most evolved number.
January finishes up with plenty of midwinter randomness.
- Trilety sends me a voicemail rap while I'm visiting my folks in Florida.
- I have finally submitted and joined the 'George Noory Sucks' camp.
- 'Black Darts' An old tune that came after The Laces but before FLAF. I think it was a bonus track on the very first CDRs of 'Golden Sand and the Grandstand.' Lyrical content is WAY too heavy. This was my first try at playing live cymbals along with programmed kick and snare. Not bad. At Land should have done this with reworked lyrics.
- Megan explains a 'Monet' and I give her one back.
- Viewer's Choice Win!
- Listen to my brother bust his ass one of the first times he tried to skateboard.
- Trilety's theory on the extinction of dinosaurs
- Isolated tracks from 'Halo.' Sound great on the record but I remembered hitting a bunch of bad notes and not giving an eff. Vocals cover good, huh?
- 'Kitchen Table' by North of Dean 1996
- Trilety sneaks a recording of Doug Think. The key phrase here is 'usually they just stop crying.'
- Enter Trixie and welcome her to the Fizzle Like a Flood cast. Meow, fembot!