I apologize for the hot mess that some of this audio is. The chains recording came out like something that could compete with that video on YouTube of the lady "grapefruiting your man" ha. And the final bit is long and probably boring, but years down the road me and the other Randies will remember how that song and video took up so much time and so many versions!
- The quality sound in Randy's "Captain's Chair"
- A great variety of sounds from the porch on a random weekday
- The sounds of our first outing for live music since the pandemic hit!
- Trilety and Doug share some school trauma stories
- A new instrument - The Chains!
- For posterity: The Randies having (hopefully) one last viewing of THE VIDEO.
Recently, we lost our dear Suzie cat. I made this special for her. We miss her every day and every night. Even Cinder! (Probably especially Cinder) <3
a whispering sound : MURMUR
More stuff happened this month than I remember happening!
- Bottle rockets & fireworks on Capitol Ave.
- Megan playing corn hole in the Kabolympics (name invented by Trilety, I think)
- George Gem! What year did "A Space Odyssey" come out, again?
- Mastering the "Starry Shoots" EP with Other Doug at Focus! (https://dougkabourek.bandcamp.com/)
- Super Peter Gabriel "Up" listening session while at Focus
- New kitchen faucet sounds ("Wet Sounds")
- Socially distant park sounds from July
- Randy's hearing dogs!
All Doug alone this month!
- My "Pet Sounds" simulation at a Council Bluffs RR crossing
- The sounds of the Wabash
- Bleacher laser beams in La Vista!
- The first summer cicadas from the Belafonte
- Another George Gem with him tripping over Dick Van Dyke like he was an ottoman
Are we done with this year yet??
- Bill treats Doug to a pre-storm "Hawaiian Baby" by the Spinanes
- Hiking in Blair and finding a patriotic bell
- Mystery plane circles midtown
- Doug's songwriting fail from a bike ride - "It's Just Gonna Rain On Me" (which it actually didn't!)
- The sound of sirens out on the street and then again on TV. ("The Goonies" Mouth's opening scene in reverse)
- Buffalo Tom's "Anything That Way" by Bill for happy hour
Here are the sounds from deep in quarantine! (People squeezing all the marrow out of life with a train whistle, etc.)
- A socially distant happy hour over at the Campbells'
- Listening on the Belafonte for Laura to blow here train whistle (featuring Tom Becka!)
- Trilety listening for the whistle
- Laura's Facebook Live of the big blow!
- Shut-in fun with Megan playing Doug's keyboard
- Some lovely accordion in the heart of Dundee
- Bill Janovitz of Buffalo Tom covering The Replacements on his happy hour live stream a couple weeks ago
- The start of haunt work has begun!
- Megan burned some old journals during the quarantine. Doug made her read a bit before they went up in flames.
- Enjoying a squeaky swing in Elkhorn, NE
We start with some hard rocking and go into quiet social distancing. Very March (in like a lion, out like a lamb)!
- Best kazoo solo EVER
- The sound of Whipkey from OUTSIDE
- Couldn't keep a straight face during the hot lickz
- A quiet walk in Fairmount Park
- Megan and Doug playing Super Mario Bros
- The sounds of lake Manawa early in the morning
- More nature sounds in a bike break
- The month's George Gem: "Countabulating"
Not that many recordings this month. But it is the dead of winter after all...
- A night of margaritas and song with Randy and Randy
- My first time watching the Polar Plunge. So great!! Better seen with eyes.
- Trilety and her fantastic introductions on Valentines Day
- How George Noory apparently never even practiced saying their names is beyond my comprehension.
- Entering 2020 at the Campbells'. Awkward silence.
- Explaining the change (or trying to) to Trilety
- Trying out the new popcorn popper plus a chat with Geiler on Chevey's Heavies night
- A new music thing - "Swing Blade." Does it sound like it swings up and back down like a swing?
- New rowing machine!
- New drum beat after a fail of a day trying real drums. For "Black Walls."
- Facebook Live Mark Haugen on a Saturday night
- George Noory's profound shit
- Bull Nettles live at the Waiting Room. The end of "Howl and Whine" captured by Trilety on Instagram.
- Out on the boat in Florida!
- Ambient sounds of Mount Dora
- "Stranger Things" pinball at the Underwood
Enjoy some Christmas chimes and Trilety blowing a wooden train whistle on Christmas Eve!
Doug and Megan's birthday was yesterday and they got a BAMBOO SKELETON!
Doug, Megan and Amy toured Paisley Park this past weekend! When phones were again allowed, Doug recorded this. Note how the music suddenly changes quite drastically and then Doug's phone starts doing things on its own. WAS IT PRINCE TRYING TO COMMUNICATE??????
A little random throwback recording from today. :)
"Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon performed by Township & Range on Halloween 2019 at the Barley Street Tavern.
Trilety and Doug venture through the train haunted by decorations from Mangelsen's! Akkkk!
We just had the haunted house for the 3rd year last night. So I "dug up" all I got compiled from the 2nd year for you all to digest! Going through all of it last year is kind of what KILLED the regular podcast ha
Megan was on her game and recorded Tripmaster playing their gem "Shutters Closed" at the release show for "My East Is Your West" in Davenport back in September!
Listen to the new album here:
Was able to capture Steve's heartbreaking gem last night at the David's House Series show with Pink Flamingos!
The Midwest Winds Kite Flyers fall festival was Sunday afternoon! You can follow what their fly schedule is here...
IT'S MUCH BETTER TO SEE THAN TO HEAR HA
Here's the first decent demo we've made. Kind of sloppy but, hey, put it in Bob Pollard's pipe and smoke it! I think the song shines through the haze.
A new beginning just in time for October! (Sorry, this one doesn't have Deborah Voorhees.) Listen up as Doug tries to explain his "new direction" to Trilety. Hopefully now we'll get back to some content. Just one hobo nugget at a time. :)