Recently, we lost our dear Suzie cat. I made this special for her. We miss her every day and every night. Even Cinder! (Probably especially Cinder) <3
a whispering sound : MURMUR
More stuff happened this month than I remember happening!
- Bottle rockets & fireworks on Capitol Ave.
- Megan playing corn hole in the Kabolympics (name invented by Trilety, I think)
- George Gem! What year did "A Space Odyssey" come out, again?
- Mastering the "Starry Shoots" EP with Other Doug at Focus! (https://dougkabourek.bandcamp.com/)
- Super Peter Gabriel "Up" listening session while at Focus
- New kitchen faucet sounds ("Wet Sounds")
- Socially distant park sounds from July
- Randy's hearing dogs!
All Doug alone this month!
- My "Pet Sounds" simulation at a Council Bluffs RR crossing
- The sounds of the Wabash
- Bleacher laser beams in La Vista!
- The first summer cicadas from the Belafonte
- Another George Gem with him tripping over Dick Van Dyke like he was an ottoman
Are we done with this year yet??
- Bill treats Doug to a pre-storm "Hawaiian Baby" by the Spinanes
- Hiking in Blair and finding a patriotic bell
- Mystery plane circles midtown
- Doug's songwriting fail from a bike ride - "It's Just Gonna Rain On Me" (which it actually didn't!)
- The sound of sirens out on the street and then again on TV. ("The Goonies" Mouth's opening scene in reverse)
- Buffalo Tom's "Anything That Way" by Bill for happy hour
Here are the sounds from deep in quarantine! (People squeezing all the marrow out of life with a train whistle, etc.)
- A socially distant happy hour over at the Campbells'
- Listening on the Belafonte for Laura to blow here train whistle (featuring Tom Becka!)
- Trilety listening for the whistle
- Laura's Facebook Live of the big blow!
- Shut-in fun with Megan playing Doug's keyboard
- Some lovely accordion in the heart of Dundee
- Bill Janovitz of Buffalo Tom covering The Replacements on his happy hour live stream a couple weeks ago
- The start of haunt work has begun!
- Megan burned some old journals during the quarantine. Doug made her read a bit before they went up in flames.
- Enjoying a squeaky swing in Elkhorn, NE
We start with some hard rocking and go into quiet social distancing. Very March (in like a lion, out like a lamb)!
- Best kazoo solo EVER
- The sound of Whipkey from OUTSIDE
- Couldn't keep a straight face during the hot lickz
- A quiet walk in Fairmount Park
- Megan and Doug playing Super Mario Bros
- The sounds of lake Manawa early in the morning
- More nature sounds in a bike break
- The month's George Gem: "Countabulating"
Not that many recordings this month. But it is the dead of winter after all...
- A night of margaritas and song with Randy and Randy
- My first time watching the Polar Plunge. So great!! Better seen with eyes.
- Trilety and her fantastic introductions on Valentines Day
- How George Noory apparently never even practiced saying their names is beyond my comprehension.
- Entering 2020 at the Campbells'. Awkward silence.
- Explaining the change (or trying to) to Trilety
- Trying out the new popcorn popper plus a chat with Geiler on Chevey's Heavies night
- A new music thing - "Swing Blade." Does it sound like it swings up and back down like a swing?
- New rowing machine!
- New drum beat after a fail of a day trying real drums. For "Black Walls."
- Facebook Live Mark Haugen on a Saturday night
- George Noory's profound shit
- Bull Nettles live at the Waiting Room. The end of "Howl and Whine" captured by Trilety on Instagram.
- Out on the boat in Florida!
- Ambient sounds of Mount Dora
- "Stranger Things" pinball at the Underwood