Doug travels to Colorado (Frisco - a town between Vail and Breckenridge)! Sorry this episode is pretty much only Doug talking to himself/you. But here is the run down...
- The anal game
- Sloth is my travel pal
- Doug listened to the audio book of 'Jaws.'
- Smells eww
- I can't say what this restaurant's name was, but I liked it. It was at the last Denver exit before heading off into the mountains.
- 'Summit County' by ME. I started this song before the last time I was there but finished it after. WAY after.
- Into the mountains!
- 'Psycho Killer' performed by a band in Breckenridge. I remember a nice guy named Brian came up and chatted with me (because I was obviously the most into the music), but I'm not sure if he was in this band or not.
- Hunting out the place I used to skate the first time I ever went to Colorado.
- I bought POT legally!
- The robotic native american fortune teller and Buffalo Bill Cody's Fort in North Platte on my way home.
- Home and in love with Cinder all over again. <3
A whole ton of randomness this time! Enjoy. :)
- Sidewalk chalk fail
- Trilety's Steve pin (http://www.sainteuphoria.com/dj.html)
- 'Hot Rod' by The Elecroliners (New album out NOW!)
- Ball Licker!
- Ugh, my oil change audio
- Doug was the work horse.
- Bird smack!
- A great night at the Hibatchi grill and some mini golf
- Some random try at writing a song - BAD.
- Monster can washboard
- Swinging a machete like a star!
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'Feel the Night' (from the Golf 'n' Stuff scene from The Karate Kid)
- Megan's getting there!
Doug gets the goods to set up his Vision Aggressor reissue deck so that he can go shredding - and does. Good late 80's skateboard nostalgia. Drop in!
- Gliding and Turning
- 'Brave Captain' by fIREHOSE (Natas Kaupas's 'Streets on Fire' part 1)
- Setting up the wheels (Powell G-Bones) and grip tape
- The battle of two cadences - Council Bluffs Pride Week Parade
- Doug's story of how maybe he's a hero
- The problem with trying to make a board and watch skate videos at the same time
- 'Weakness' by McRad (Rubber Boys part in 'Public Domain')
- 'Decorative Rails'
- Leafing through a new Transworld magazine. This may become a monthly segment.
- Those funny iFix Omaha guys
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of The Week: Song from the sex scene in Thrashin'. 'No, tomorrow...'
May is the month of many fun things, I guess. Enjoy this good pile of stuff!
- Cinder is the phone killer.
- The 'Flattering Tongue' thing is from a sign by Doug's work where he reads very useful tips (from he thinks a very religious company).
- Ocean Black rocking Queen quite seriously. This was only at Slowdown Jr. too!
- Showing Trilety a big pile of coal near lake Manawa
- Eating Escargo for the first time (with sangria)
- This is the sound of Maifest. (minus 'beer poking')
- The Faerie Tones playing outdoors at Karen's house on her birthday
- Doug and Megan made May Baskets and delivered them to friends!
- 'Downside Up' by Peter Gabriel. His wonderful album 'So' came out 30 years ago.
- A couple of choice bits by Susan Chang aka Sarah X. (We used to IM a lot back in the day and call each other homo.)
- Doug had THE WORST show in years on Friday the 13th.
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'Take It Slow' by Bobby Brown. Oh yeah, swallow that. Don't turn it off before you get to the sexy talk part!
Welcome to May, and Prince has died. :( Doug and Megan make some Purple smoothies in memory, Doug and Steph belt it out in skid row for Rick Moranis and Trilety's laugh makes a welcomed return.
- Megan can play the 'Jurassic Park' theme on piano!
- Purple 'Dearly Beloveds' for Prince
- 'When U Were Mine' covered by Shelter Belt (www.beltcave.com)
- A quick interview with Megan's kitty Suzie
- Midwest Winds Papio Kite Festival 2016
- Doug and Steph sing 'Suddenly Seymour' to open the Rick Moranis birthday night
- Trilety calls me gross!
- Some nice moments of ambiance: Wind chimes along 50th, Fairmount park, a tornado warning from last week
- 'The Karate Kid' is definitely on the movie list.
- Doug still knows the first note of the 'Star Wars' theme!
- the Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week: 'You Are My Treasure' by The Guys Next Door (1990)
Doug travels to St. Louis to see Kevin Smith live and realizes the trip is way different with only one person driving (zzzzzzz). Megan and Doug get in a bit of springtime haunted attraction action at Mystery Manor. Doug's elbow was sore for a week after that slide, yo.
- My quick reflection on Kevin Smith live.
- $52.19 in Lion's Choice sandwiches. THEY WILL BE ENJOYED.
- 'Jackson' by Frontier Trust (1995)
- Mystery Manor 'Ghouls Gone Wild' adventure
- 'Up your ass a little bit'
- A sweet bit of Kevin's St. Louis show. I wonder if he'd listen to my podcast.
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of The Week: 'Gonna Let Her In' by John Travolta
Welcome to Spring! In this episode, Doug and Megan go to check out a real life 'on location' movie set and Doug ventures solo into the Mall Of The Bluffs on a Saturday afternoon secret mission.
- Megan and Doug at JD's Circle In cuz it's a movie set, yo!
- Super adventure with a sweaty Doug in the Mall Of The Bluffs.
- 'Gypsy Driver' played by The Movies live on The River quite a few years ago (I think this is the toughest thing we ever did, even if I did rush a bit.)
- J-Law jokes! Gets notes from Trilety.
- Doug has enough Mellencamp in Homer's on a Friday night. Sorry Eddie.
- Doug's favorite of his friend Richard's podcast 'The Infinite Now.' The Pickled Fairy of Possibility. The universe grabs a sharpie...
- The Painfully Cheesy Love Song of The Week: 'Meet Me In My Dreams Tonight' by Brian Wilson circa 1988 or some time around then. Ouch.
April Fool's Day fun with the joke that was the Suckapellacast. And then a bunch of other fun things. All with LOTS of special sound effects! (Doug promises less in the future.) But it makes sense with the Suckapellacast, okay?
- If you didn't know, 'E.T.' is Doug's favorite movie.
- Doug gets to park in the covered garage at work now.
- An unfinished instrumental FLAF track from an album idea that was about making cool instrumentals for Megan and Trilety to play in their bakery. Probably would have been called 'Bird Songs' or something, I guess. It was made by recording melodies over 'Total Job' by The Faint. Really.
- The first podcast Doug tried to make: 'Suckapellacast' There was not a second attempt.
- Some singing bowls at Oakview Mall
- Doug's car will make this sound until it is no more, ugh.
- Doug's dentist, Dr. B, has a chair of doom.
- The Major Award!
- The first Painfully Cheesy Love Song of the Week - 'What Does It Take' by Chicago (e-mail suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don't lick it, Doogie!
Headed into the death rattle of winter, Doug finds someone SUPER special and almost learns to juggle.
- The dreams of a Bestie
- They make a Bigfoot call!
- Trilety has a birthday at Cilantro's and wears the special sombrero
- A bit of 'Ticket Taker' from Matt Whipkey's Penny Park Holland Center performance
- Car Alarm Cardinal
- The big news!!
- Firing the Death Star at The Alamo Draft House and magic sound pipes with Miss Megatron
- 'Running' by At Land (rough unfinished version with scratch vocals)
- Some random car chat between Doug, Megan and Elisabeth between 114th and 90th and Dodge after Trilety's birthday dinner
- Juggling is way hard
- 'Everyone Says' cassette recorded demo by Doug and Steph 2012
- 'Hang Myself on You' by The Candyskins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAD5k_0S_hI
- Wayne and Laurie warming up to podcast. "We're good" :-)
A lovers' extravaganza for February! I hope those lovers out there do enjoy.
- Rudy rules some Elvis
- The Unadilla, NE Groundhog Parade featuring Unadilla Bill! And Trilety.
- There are still phone booths??
- Collection of things from my Super Bowl gathering
- Travis via Township and Range serenades us via the Barley St Tavern
- Some reactions to Tinder at Steph's VD party
- 'Say You'll Be Mine' by Frederick Julius via my pal Matt Geiler
- A sound I made on Tuesday, Feb 9th, 2016. 9 is the most evolved number.
January finishes up with plenty of midwinter randomness.
- Trilety sends me a voicemail rap while I'm visiting my folks in Florida.
- I have finally submitted and joined the 'George Noory Sucks' camp.
- 'Black Darts' An old tune that came after The Laces but before FLAF. I think it was a bonus track on the very first CDRs of 'Golden Sand and the Grandstand.' Lyrical content is WAY too heavy. This was my first try at playing live cymbals along with programmed kick and snare. Not bad. At Land should have done this with reworked lyrics.
- Megan explains a 'Monet' and I give her one back.
- Viewer's Choice Win!
- Listen to my brother bust his ass one of the first times he tried to skateboard.
- Trilety's theory on the extinction of dinosaurs
- Isolated tracks from 'Halo.' Sound great on the record but I remembered hitting a bunch of bad notes and not giving an eff. Vocals cover good, huh?
- 'Kitchen Table' by North of Dean 1996
- Trilety sneaks a recording of Doug Think. The key phrase here is 'usually they just stop crying.'
- Enter Trixie and welcome her to the Fizzle Like a Flood cast. Meow, fembot!
I introduce Trilety to 'The Phantom Menace.'
- 'Fizzle Like a Flood' by Tripmaster Monkey (7" version)
- Enter the 'disco ninja.' Please note when Trilety calls the ships that deploy the droid army 'black Snoopies.' They do look like that.
- A Moment to Hold
- Cleaning out the work fridge
- 'Killshot' acoustic tape recorder version 2005
- 'You can't scrub this out'
- Christmas eve whistling
- Final thoughts on Baby Anakin
- Brad Hoshaw performing 'Hillside' Jan 20, 2016
- The I Don't Cares enter Doug's world
Based off a Karaoke night at the Winchester in November 2015. The first night I drank after a month of no sugar.
- 'Petunia Doug' - Todd's song for me
- New gutters!
- Trilety and I sing along with the best ever little Christmas show at the Chanticleer Theater in Council Bluffs
- Whipkey's reminiscences
- Mock up of a Fizzle album opener that would have been this + 'Sickly Sweet' (written by Travis) done Fizzle style. Opening tune called 'I Wanna Be Where You Go.' For someone, somewhere.
- Cinder, my bipolar kitty
- 'The Family Man' gets me good
- The 'stunt work' guy was just some random dude at the bar, I think.
- My tape recorder cover of The Mountain Goats song 'Jenny' 2005
- Ben opens up
Special guests: Todd! Steph! Travis! Cousin Jon! Whipkey!
This is just the 'pilot' so don't judge. However it DOES shake all the balls in the basement.
- Matchbook Shannon rocking some Oasis in Mike's basement in 1997
- Doug and Trilety's friendiversary, October 2015
- Random stuff
- An EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) recorded at the Sallie House in Kansas
- Trilety and I watch 'Lucas.' We all drop the fucking ball, man.
- Special fall leaf trick by Trilety
- 'Care Bear' as recorded in 1996 for my first cassette release
- Trilety's denial