A lovers' extravaganza for February! I hope those lovers out there do enjoy.
- Rudy rules some Elvis
- The Unadilla, NE Groundhog Parade featuring Unadilla Bill! And Trilety.
- There are still phone booths??
- Collection of things from my Super Bowl gathering
- Travis via Township and Range serenades us via the Barley St Tavern
- Some reactions to Tinder at Steph's VD party
- 'Say You'll Be Mine' by Frederick Julius via my pal Matt Geiler
- A sound I made on Tuesday, Feb 9th, 2016. 9 is the most evolved number.
January finishes up with plenty of midwinter randomness.
- Trilety sends me a voicemail rap while I'm visiting my folks in Florida.
- I have finally submitted and joined the 'George Noory Sucks' camp.
- 'Black Darts' An old tune that came after The Laces but before FLAF. I think it was a bonus track on the very first CDRs of 'Golden Sand and the Grandstand.' Lyrical content is WAY too heavy. This was my first try at playing live cymbals along with programmed kick and snare. Not bad. At Land should have done this with reworked lyrics.
- Megan explains a 'Monet' and I give her one back.
- Viewer's Choice Win!
- Listen to my brother bust his ass one of the first times he tried to skateboard.
- Trilety's theory on the extinction of dinosaurs
- Isolated tracks from 'Halo.' Sound great on the record but I remembered hitting a bunch of bad notes and not giving an eff. Vocals cover good, huh?
- 'Kitchen Table' by North of Dean 1996
- Trilety sneaks a recording of Doug Think. The key phrase here is 'usually they just stop crying.'
- Enter Trixie and welcome her to the Fizzle Like a Flood cast. Meow, fembot!
I introduce Trilety to 'The Phantom Menace.'
- 'Fizzle Like a Flood' by Tripmaster Monkey (7" version)
- Enter the 'disco ninja.' Please note when Trilety calls the ships that deploy the droid army 'black Snoopies.' They do look like that.
- A Moment to Hold
- Cleaning out the work fridge
- 'Killshot' acoustic tape recorder version 2005
- 'You can't scrub this out'
- Christmas eve whistling
- Final thoughts on Baby Anakin
- Brad Hoshaw performing 'Hillside' Jan 20, 2016
- The I Don't Cares enter Doug's world
Based off a Karaoke night at the Winchester in November 2015. The first night I drank after a month of no sugar.
- 'Petunia Doug' - Todd's song for me
- New gutters!
- Trilety and I sing along with the best ever little Christmas show at the Chanticleer Theater in Council Bluffs
- Whipkey's reminiscences
- Mock up of a Fizzle album opener that would have been this + 'Sickly Sweet' (written by Travis) done Fizzle style. Opening tune called 'I Wanna Be Where You Go.' For someone, somewhere.
- Cinder, my bipolar kitty
- 'The Family Man' gets me good
- The 'stunt work' guy was just some random dude at the bar, I think.
- My tape recorder cover of The Mountain Goats song 'Jenny' 2005
- Ben opens up
Special guests: Todd! Steph! Travis! Cousin Jon! Whipkey!
This is just the 'pilot' so don't judge. However it DOES shake all the balls in the basement.
- Matchbook Shannon rocking some Oasis in Mike's basement in 1997
- Doug and Trilety's friendiversary, October 2015
- Random stuff
- An EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) recorded at the Sallie House in Kansas
- Trilety and I watch 'Lucas.' We all drop the fucking ball, man.
- Special fall leaf trick by Trilety
- 'Care Bear' as recorded in 1996 for my first cassette release
- Trilety's denial